The program was created by Ron Davis, a dyslexic adult, based on discoveries made when he managed to correct his own dyslexia at age 38. Davis Facilitators have worked successfully with adults of all ages — even people in their 70th and 80th.
Dyslexia in adults is actually more common than the eye meets. Sometimes people have learned to cope with the challenges that Dyslexia throws at them; however, there are many grown-ups who feel discouraged and frustrated. With growing frustration, their self-esteem gets knocked and they start lacking in confidence.
Writing a CV can prove difficult and might take a considerable time and job interviews are often dreaded rather than seen as an opportunity to sell one’s strength.
The Davis program works for adults where other programs have failed because it is geared to the way that dyslexics think, and provides adults with tools to enhance their own innate mental strengths.
Davis programs are provided on a one-to-one basis and are always individually tailored to personal goals.
What can you expect?
- To start with, a 1 – 2 hour session will assess your strength and weaknesses and clear goals will be agreed
- During the course of the week, a more fluent reading style will be developed
- Emotional intelligence will be enhanced
- The right- and left-side of the brain will be more balanced
- Increased confidence will enable you to speak with greater clarity in public
- Your own management skills will be addressed and improved
- Increasing focus and concentration will help you with general learning
The Davis Program does not ‘cure’ dyslexia but aims to correct it. It sets you on a way forward to continued learning!